Saturday, 16 June 2012

Rain




That's me. Looking a little melancholy right? The trouble is we've had rain non-stop in England for weeks now. My garden is like an urban jungle, bright green leaves and pops of vibrant summery colour, but the sky is unfortunately grey, like old socks that have been washed too many times.

The thing is I have so many lovely summer clothes I want to wear - not holiday gear as I blogged the other day, but pretty summer dresses and ballet pumps, light cotton blouses and capri pants, but I seem to have been living in jeans since autumn.

This is one of my favourite recent finds, an embroidered jacket made from indian cotton and citrus coloured thread. It was a few pounds from a vintage shop in Suffolk, hidden away on an upstairs rail with acrylic maxi dresses and 70s polyester flares. Not bad for a quick buy. Just goes to show that sometimes your clothes can add a little sunshine to your day!

2 comments :

  1. Hi Amy - I love, love, love that jacket! Lucky find for you. It will be sunny soon - don't worry! In the meanwhile, your plants are thriving from the rain.

    We had such an early spring and summer here in the US, that my garden is so very confused...the summer flowers were blooming at the same time as the spring ones! Now most are starting to poop out on me. But - this year I will have to supplement with some annuals - say...a lot fo them!

    Have a happy weekend - Linda (from BYW 2.0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That jacket is divine! Nice find Amy, I love it and it looks perfect with that colour denim. Hope some sunshine is around the corner. We lived in London for three years and were lucky to have hot summers and beautiful snowy winters while we were there. Some of the best years of my life so far. Love London!
    Really professional looking site and I really liked your friend spotlight. Enjoy the rest of the course.
    Kirsty - classmate BYW.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...