Friday, 10 August 2012

One Lovely Blog

A few weeks ago now I had a lovely surprise in my inbox - quite literally! Mel of Armoire, Pegs and Casserole blog emailed to say she had nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award. 

To know people read my blog is just smashing but to know people enjoy reading it and appreciate it, well that's even better - thanks Mel ; D x

Photography by Sean Cook
Styling by Me

Now from what I can gather there seems to be no official prize, but rather this is a collective way for bloggers to recognise one another and let each other know what a great job we're doing, but certain rules apply and in order to accept the nomination I have to do the following things:

1. Give credit to the blogger who nominated you: Thanks again Mel! Armoire, Pegs and Casserole is a lifestyle blog with a clean, stylish layout, and an emphasis on inspiring, modern design and recipes, definitely worth hopping over to.

2. Give 7 facts about myself: OK I thought I would go for it with these - things that not many people will know about me - here goes...
  • I've seen the midnight sun in the arctic circle.
  • I've caught a wave on Waikiki beach.
  • I've seen the hump back whales swimming off the coast of South Africa.
  • I managed to smuggle into the Chanel show in Paris [only once!].
  • I've eaten crocodile [or is it alligator - I never know the difference!] in the Everglades.
  • I've watched the sun rise over the Namib desert.
  • I climbed Table Mountain when I was pregnant.
3. Nominate up to 15 other bloggers:
I'm going to stick with my favourite recent discoveries and new found blogging friends whose work always inspires and uplifts me:



Thanks again Mel for giving me a nod, and thanks too to everyone who takes time out of their busy day to read my little blog. x

6 comments :

  1. Love your 7 things, you're one inspiring woman! Great to see you back online, been missing your posts:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mel, that's a great reminder for me... summer holiday time with Noah has meant not much free time to blog, also need to get my blogging mojo back. Think it disappeared when the sun came out : D x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for nominating us! I love your 7 things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Amy! I've lost my blogging mojo lately too but you've motivated me to get back to it. You have achieved so many impressive things, well done! Ax

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations. An amazing 7 and 10 ( already following 5 but will check out the others). Lovely blog and will continue to follow. :) fellow BYW

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi amy..thanks so much for the mention. I have finally gotten around to passing on the love on my blog..thanks again and keep up the great work. nicolex

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...