A few weeks ago now I had a lovely surprise in my inbox - quite literally! Mel of Armoire, Pegs and Casserole blog emailed to say she had nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award.
To know people read my blog is just smashing but to know people enjoy reading it and appreciate it, well that's even better - thanks Mel ; D x
Photography by Sean Cook
Styling by Me
Now from what I can gather there seems to be no official prize, but rather this is a collective way for bloggers to recognise one another and let each other know what a great job we're doing, but certain rules apply and in order to accept the nomination I have to do the following things:
1. Give credit to the blogger who nominated you: Thanks again Mel! Armoire, Pegs and Casserole is a lifestyle blog with a clean, stylish layout, and an emphasis on inspiring, modern design and recipes, definitely worth hopping over to.
2. Give 7 facts about myself: OK I thought I would go for it with these - things that not many people will know about me - here goes...
- I've seen the midnight sun in the arctic circle.
- I've caught a wave on Waikiki beach.
- I've seen the hump back whales swimming off the coast of South Africa.
- I managed to smuggle into the Chanel show in Paris [only once!].
- I've eaten crocodile [or is it alligator - I never know the difference!] in the Everglades.
- I've watched the sun rise over the Namib desert.
- I climbed Table Mountain when I was pregnant.
I'm going to stick with my favourite recent discoveries and new found blogging friends whose work always inspires and uplifts me:
Thanks again Mel for giving me a nod, and thanks too to everyone who takes time out of their busy day to read my little blog. x