Tuesday, 21 January 2014

Simple Inspiration: Summer Blues

Morning All, Tuesday already - sorry guys I seem to have lost a day this week - my usual Monday post is a day late. Hope you had a great weekend? What did you get up to? 

All quiet here, having a slightly calmer [read - less expensive!] time at the moment, much needed after christmas and new year. it's hard not to spend money at the moment though as the shops are starting to get their new spring stock in. Lots of lovely new prints, pretty colours and flattering shapes. Got to keep my head! Work may be slowing down for me over the next few weeks which means job hunting again and penny pinching - fun right? 

So just in case you do have a little spare cash after the christmas spend-up here's a little style inspiration in preparation for spring time. 

I'm loving cool mediterranean blues at the moment. It's a colour that reminds me of summers spent in Spain when I was a teenager, the cobalt blue sky and sea. It feels exotic but is also a really flattering colour that goes well with other bright shades for home as well as my wardrobe, and of course works well with my staple denim. I love the interiors inspiration below, especially that gorgeous feminine bedspread via Design Sponge.

The new Massimo Dutti campaign for spring shot by Mario Testino, reminded me of those summers and my favourite seasonal hue, now if only we could get a little of that colour in the sky here in England I'd be happy!


Inspiration: Massimo Dutti SHOP THE NEW COLLECTION

1. Blouse, Whistles SHOP NOW
2. Blue earrings, Coast SHOP NOW
3. Flat shoes, LK Bennett SHOP NOW
4. Dress, Mango SHOP NOW
5. Jumpsuit, Top Shop SHOP NOW
6. High pump, Dorothy Perkins SHOP NOW
7. Round bag, Top Shop SHOP NOW
8. Tie dye jacket, Mango SHOP NOW

And some more inspiration for home too...




Image via: Apartment Therapy


Image via: Daily Dream Decor

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh hope more work comes up Amy! Nothing worse than the unknown for that kind of thing. Colbat blue is stunning and especially perfect for us blondes. M xx

    ReplyDelete